Thursday, April 30, 2009

Yes Man (2008)

Director: Peyton Reed
Release Date: December 17, 2008
Genre: Comedy / Romance
MPAA: Rated PG-13
Warner Bros.





The ORB's take:
Jim Carrey being Jim Carrey

Movie Review:
Yes, I did watch this film. Yes, I got what I expected. Yes, Jim Carrey is just like he is in most of is other comedies. Yes, I did laugh a few times. Yes, Jim Carrey can pull this type of movie off very well. Yes, if you are annoyed by Carrey you will be in this movie as well. Yes, most of the funny parts you see in the previews are the only funny parts in the movie. Yes, this is in between a DVD rental and a wait for it on t.v. type of movie. Yes, it will entertain you. Yes, the movie starts out with a man always saying no to everything, and a friend invites him to a meeting. Yes, the meeting was a meeting that teaches you how to say YES to everything. Yes, Carrey thinks that he is cursed and he can no longer say NO to anything. Yes, this movie is predictable, but likeable if you are a Carrey fan. Yes, I am done saying yes. No I wouldn't waste my time on this movie watching it a second time.

What to Watch For: Liar Liar with a different title.

You Might If You Like These:
Liar Liar
Bruce Almighty

Official Yes Man Site
IMDB

1 comment:

  1. In my opinion, this was up there with "Me, Myself, & Irene" with Carrey's worst movies. There were a few funny parts, but overall, pretty dumb. I'm quite a Carrey fan usually. I feel like "Liar Liar" was in this vein, but was way better.

    "Yes Man" = letdown.

    ReplyDelete